My New Camera: Nikon D3100

I finally upgraded from my old digital camera. I have been shooting with an old Olympus.
 It was a great easy camera, and if I wasn't happy with an image I would "work it" in photoshop. 
Results were okay, but not great.

I have been wanting to shoot close ups and better landscapes.
The Nikon D3100 had great user reviews and my friend, David, a professional photographer, thought that would be a perfect step up to the next level of photography.

Here is a bee caught in flight hovering over a Matilija Poppy
This picture was taken with the close up option, that automatically blurs the background.


Below is a crop from that image.
another shot of the bee...

I am super happy with the results. I couldn't get a picture of this quality before.
I can see the bees eye and the pollen that he is holding. Off to a good start. 
If I want an even closer picture, I may purchase some close up filters that fit the 15-55 mm lens that comes with the D3100 kit.

Enhanced by Zemanta

Comments

Popular Posts