So much has happened since I last posted on this blog.  Life was just too perfect back then. I ran out of ideas on posts, or perhaps I needed to use my mental energy elsewhere for awhile and the idea of blogging went the back burner.

2018
For many years I've worked in Entertainment Marketing and design along with my business partner. That situation was soon to change, at the end of 2017 our biggest client announced that a competitor would  be acquiring them.  So in 2018 we started thinking of what adjustments we'd make to survive.  End of summer my best friend in Malibu passed away after a long heroic journey living with cancer. Shortly after right before Thanksgiving, The Woolsey Fire came roaring down the mountains, an unstoppable beast devastating west Malibu. We were lucky that our home survived with only peripheral damage, others we're not so lucky.

2019
That being said we entered the Insurance, Fema, property cleanup vortex. Ours was much less but you still have to go through the same process going through proper channels and getting sign offs from various government agencies. Once we got that underway in March of 2019 my husband found out he had prostate cancer. Another challenge to face.  By June 3 he had a successful robotic surgery and that summer he began healing.

So still anticipating less income, we prepared to lease out our home and were fortunate to find a wonderful family who had lost their home in the Woolsey fire and needing a temporary place to stay.
They moved in at towards the end of 2019.

2020
Here we are 2020 February, Covid 19 makes its unwelcome arrival.

Processing all the science behind staying safe and the emotional fall out that comes with a global pandemic. How am I dealing with it?  Well not very well....

In the beginning there was much to do, stock up on enough supplies to sustain us for several weeks. We had much already, having Earthquake items on hand. Then the task of staying informed as the virus started cropping up in cities all around the world... Listening to daily updates by our White House, our Governor, Our Mayor.

I was full of what I thought to be helpful information and didn't hesitate to tell everyone what they were doing wrong and should be doing... well that got annoying very soon.  Walking  around and internally criticizing people "look at them not wearing a mask, they are not 6 feet away... don't get too close... why are they wearing gloves?"....a constant litany of fearful thoughts.  Driving me and my husband crazy.

Today is Cyndy 2.0   A new calmer version of coping during a pandemic.  Stay tuned, it's only the first hour of the first day:)

Our Therapy Dog

Comments

  1. Hi Cyndy. Looks like you have also got back on Blogger due to this virus. I hadn't updated in forever.... but now we have the time I guess LOL I'm sorry to hear about the stress you and your husband have been through lately. I'm hoping for the best for you both. Also hoping this virus leaves soon so we can feel less daily stress.

    Kimberly Ruckman

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts